- Chapter Info
- Prof. Dev.
Why You Should Join
Being a member of Project Management Institute Southern Alberta Chapter (PMI-SAC) offers professional benefits as well as the opportunity to volunteer to serve the Project Management community and advance the profession. PMI-SAC offers advance news on upcoming training to help PMI-SAC members register while space is available.
In addition, PMI-SAC also offers the following opportunities to advance your professional career:
Your Southern Alberta Chapter offers professional development and continuing certification hours via webinars to help you earn pre-requisite training hours to apply for PMP/CAPM exam, and professional development units (PDUs) to maintain your PMP and PgMP certifications. Our growing membership demonstrates the value of the PMI-SAC membership.
Membership and active participation in Project Management Institute (PMI) meetings, seminars, and workshops at both the local and national levels assures that members share the following opportunities.
PMI-SAC offers the following special features:
- Online Job Listings by PMI-SAC employer partners.
Network on a regular basis with peers as well as key figures and recognized leaders in practice, academia, consultants, services, suppliers, and vendors.
- Build your own reference file of contacts that can be called on a personal or professional basis to help with problems and decisions.
Train, and develop your professional skills by attending our seminars and workshops.
- Mount Royal University offers PMP/CAPM exam preparation training and advanced seminars in partnership with PMI-SAC at reduced prices for PMI members. PMI reduces the cost of PMP and CAPM exams for PMI members.
- Display your proficiency and professionalism in the Project Management field by sitting for the PMP® examination.
- Stay current with a variety of Project Management literature that covers the demands placed on project managers in many sectors.
- Keep up to date with the latest thinking trends and activities in Project Management.
- Meet individuals considered to be the outstanding practitioners, consultants, developers, academics, and even critics of Project Management.
Volunteer to strengthen your PM skills and provide a chance to actively direct the course of the organization through board and committee involvement.
Career Co-Op: forum for Project Management employees and employers seeking each other.
- PMI-SAC Career Networking Event
- List your PMI-SAC Jobs Listings for employers, and agencies.
PMI Member Discounts
- Free copy of the latest edition of the PMBOK® Guide on CDROM.
- Subscriptions to PM Network®, Project Management Journal® and PMI Today®.
- Access to the Member's-Only Area of the Global PMI® Website.
- PMI® Global Congress registration fees.
- Access to eReads & Reference.