Company: Eagle Professional Resources Inc.
Title: Project Manager
Location of Position: Calgary, AB
Where to Apply: Apply online at https:/jobs.eagleonline.com/job-listing/job-detail/id/60868/agile-project-manager-contract-job-in-calgary-ab/
Eagle is currently seeking an Agile Project Manager for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Taking ownership of end-to-end Project Management duties from cradle-to-grave on high-profile initiatives;
- Performing project kick-off, sprint, release, and deployment planning;
- Facilitating discussion leading to collective decision-making, goal setting and conflict resolution within the team;
- Serving as an Agile Coach and a liaison between the product owner, development team, and management in order to ensure that the requirements are met;
- Leading daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo (with the Product Owner), and retrospective meetings;
- Providing timely communication to stakeholders throughout the sprint process;
- Guiding the team to be self-organized to advance the Agile Scrum best practices;
- Managing multiple projects and interfaces with product owners;
- Removing obstacles to delivery success through the proactive management of external dependencies, team problem-solving and the development of new solutions or approaches to ongoing challenges;
- Creating and maintaining open communication within the scrum team to create a trusting and safe team environment;
- Facilitating and engaging in business analysis, user experience and technical conversations across platforms and multiple levels of influence;
- Communicating and reporting team progress, status updates, product demos and accomplishments ensuring transparency of progress and outcomes; and,
- Collaborating with other Agile Coaches to facilitate increasing maturity and effectiveness in the application of Agile across the organization.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A University Degree in Business Administration or Management, or a combination of education, experience, and training;
- Five plus (5+) plus years’ experience delivering complex projects in an application environment;
- Three plus (3+) years’ experience in an Agile and/or Waterfall environment (medium-to-large scale initiatives) using influence to facilitate to outcomes;
- Practical experience with any of the key disciplines required in agile delivery – such as software development or business (system) analysis;
- Agile Management Framework and well documented Agile techniques (User Stories, Burndown techniques, Acceptance Test Driven Development, Continuous testing, etc.);
- Two plus (2+) years’ experience as a Scrum Master – where Scrum principles, practices and theory were diligently applied;
- Two plus (2+) years working on medium-to-high complexity initiatives that span the organization;
- Demonstrated experience being collaborative, team oriented and are comfortable managing relationships across the organization in a wide range of roles and at differing levels across the organization;
- A passion for Agile and know when and how to advocate and temper this enthusiasm in the context of a large, organizational transformation;
- Strong experience in communicating complex information and concepts to a variety of audiences, including executive management to support decision making (written and verbal);
- Experience in Virtual story board tools and train the key stakeholders on the virtual story board tools (Trello, Stories onboard, etc.);
- The ability to motivate and model open communication to help surface issues for faster resolution;
- Experience working in a dependent multi Agile team environment;
- Certified Scrum Master / Agile Practitioner or designation in progress; and,
- PMP designation is considered an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.