Company: The City of Calgary
Title: Business Process Analyst
Location of Position: Calgary, AB
Where to Apply: Apply online at www.calgary.ca/careers
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees operate the facilities, deliver the services and run the programs which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance and offer competitive wages, pension and benefits. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
As a Business Process Analyst, you will be responsible to facilitate the analysis of Assessment with a view to understanding processes and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of Assessment operations. You can expect to work with staff at all organization levels, on projects, and in support of Assessment operations. Primary duties include:
- Document business analysis artifacts, such as: as-is processes, to-be processes, traceability matrices, functional test cases, functional requirements/design documents, data flows, process flows, test scripts and procedure manuals.
- Work collaboratively and facilitate meetings with stakeholders to design future state process solutions in support of: software implementations, legislative changes, complex mass appraisal matters, data management, business process improvement initiatives, project related work, or assigned operational work.
- Lead assigned project activities, including: requirements gathering; contributing to the Quality Assurance and Test Plans; writing testing procedures and use cases for user acceptance testing; and facilitating user acceptance testing.
- Contribute to the maintenance and design of existing processes and procedural documentation, and Assessment’s business process management methodology.
- A degree in Business, Real Estate, Economics, Computer Science, or a related field, and a minimum of 3 years of experience in business process management, design, redesign and improvement; OR
- A completed 2 year diploma in Business Administration, Computer Science, or a related, field and at least 5 years of experience in business process management, design, redesign and improvement.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Effective communication skills and the ability to develop credibility with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent facilitation, negotiation, and consensus building skills are required.
- Experience with project management, change management, and business analysis is also required.
Assets include: completion of an industry-recognized Business Analysis certificate; a Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) certification; a Business Analyst designation; and/or knowledge of Six Sigma.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.