PMI Southern Alberta Chapter
Reporting Your PDUs
- Log in to the Continuing Certification Requirements System on the PMI Global web site.
- Click on ‘Report professional development units (PDUs)’ on the left-hand side of the page.
- Perform the various steps to claim your PDUs providing information as requested. Specific information for each PMI-SAC event type follows.
- PMI Customer Care will notify you of receipt of your report within a few minutes via the preferred e-mail address in your PMI profile.
PMI-SAC Professional Development Conferences
Note: PMI-SAC uses an electronic system to track your attendance at the conference as best as possible. This information will be submitted on your behalf to PMI and you will automatically receive your PDUs for the conference. You should receive a report from PMI.org within a few weeks of the PDUs reported based upon the badge scans at the conference. You are responsible for auditing your own attendance information, and if required, amending your PDUs for sessions for which your badge was not scanned for any reason.
PMI-SAC Chapter Dinner and Other 1-2 Hour Events
PMI-SAC Administration Staff will upload your PDU submissions on your behalf. This process may take up to 8 weeks before you receive notifcation from PMI regarding your submission. If, however, PMI-SAC does not have your PMP number via your registration for the event, you may have to submit for PDU’s on your own. Please follow these steps to self-submit:
- Step 1:
- PDU Category: Cat A: Registered Education Provider/PMI Component
- Activity Type: Report a Component 1-2 PDU Event (Dinner meetings are ONE (1) PDU)
- Step 2 and 3:
- Component Id: C039, click ‘Search’
- Click on the ‘C039’ link in the search results under ‘Component ID’
- Step 4:
- Enter the date of the activity and a description of the event
- Activity Dates: mm/dd/yyyy (started and completed dates are the same for 1-2 hour events).
- PDUs Claimed: For dinner events, you can claim 1 PDUs. Otherwise, unless specified at the event, assume 1.0.
PMI-SAC Volunteer Hours
The number of hours you volunteer and the type of volunteering you do will determine which volunteer code to use. Volunteer hours are generally cumulative across an extended period of time. You will need to continue volunteering until you’ve accumulated a minimum of 3 months of hours to meet the volunteer PDU criteria.
As with the PDC conference, PDU submissions will be done on your behalf by PMI-SAC administration. Please allow 6-8 weeks for submission notifications to come to you from PMI Global.
If you have problems logging your volunteer hours, please contact the VP Professional Development for assistance.