PMI-SAC Professional Development Conference
Each year the PMI SAC runs a Professional Development Conference for their Southern Alberta members.
This year it was held on Thursday, Nov. 18. Of course – virtually!
As President of PMI SAC, I was very pleased with the outcome. We had good attendance (over 200), many sponsors, and great feedback.
Thanks everyone for participating.
And we hope to see you all next year at the Conference, plus at our Monthly Lunches and Learns.
The main Keynote speaker at the day long conference was:
- Jamie Cohen – What Your Signature Says About Your Leadership Style
- Feedback: “Very Interesting. There was a lot of new and different information provided in this keynote. It was engaging from start to finish. I liked his presentation style as it worked really well for a virtual forum! Great speaker and engaging enthusiasm in the topic.”
The Spotlight speaker at the conference was:
- Erin Thorp – Building Better Teams Through Empathy
- Feedback: ”This was a great and positive way to start this conference. I picked up some valuable tips that I intend to put into practice immediately! Thank you!”
The balance of the day featured presentations by:
- Katelyn Bullock & Adam Kolozetti – Hidden Secrets of a Remote Workforce – Increasing Performance, Building Culture and Improving Careers
- Feedback: “Lots of tips shared to help build culture in a remote work world. Appreciated their honesty and sharing what worked for them, as well as the audience participation.”
- Sanjay Rawat – An Evolutionary Journey of Kanban(izing) Portfolio Management: Path towards Business Agility and Delivering Customer Delight
- Feedback: “Very informative session; I have been using a similar approach for managing projects and monthly sprints.”
- John Hetherington – The Entrepreneurial Project Manager: Stop Managing, Start Leading
- Feedback: “So insightful and loved how interactive the session was! Thank you for your genuine share of experience and knowledge.”
- Manish Kalra – Managing with Heart
- Feedback: “I learned a lot from Manish’s presentation. He offered some valuable take-aways for cultivating an atmosphere of trust, transparency and respect – very topical right now.”
- Ihab Girgis – Critical Path and Critical Chain
- Feedback: “Great practical examples!”
- Carlos Augusto Freitas – Project Management in Uncertain Environments
- Feedback: “I found the presentation interesting.”
- Alnoor Damji – Innovative Mindset. Adversity is inevitable. Resilience is not. Overcoming hardships and challenges – Motivational Stories and Techniques
- Feedback: “Alnoor was such an engaging speaker and his topic was so relevant to individuals of all ages. I immediately went to find him on social media when the session was over.”
- Claudia Gomez-Villeneuve – Falling in Love With Your PMO All Over Again
- Feedback: “This presenter and the presentation was excellent. I loved how she described the 3 types of PMOs and reiterated how important it is to have a PMO to get predictable project outcomes.”
- Benjamin Chan – Rescuing Projects
- Feedback: “Very interesting topic because it involves the downside spiral of the project and it’s a reality.”
- Steven Armstrong – A New Perspective On Project Management – The Untapped Advantage Of The First Team Model
- Feedback: “Clarity in communication is the key takeaway for me.”
- Ivan Rincon – How to lead by putting our communities first
- Feedback: “Very helpful and informative session.”
- Saad Ahmed & Blanka Evanson – Project Rescue Mission Case Scenario
- Feedback: ”Great session! Very valuable, helpful and I loved the real examples!”
The Project Management Institute – Southern Alberta Chapter (PMI-SAC) will be hosting a conference in late 2022. More information coming soon!
In the meantime, if you have any questions or would like to learn the latest on the conference, please contact us at the link below.