With more than 2,400 active members, Project Management Institute Southern Alberta Chapter (PMI-SAC) is a vibrant chapter in the Project Management Institute (PMI) network, the 3rd largest Chapter in Canada. The chapter is focused on promoting project management principals within the community, business, and practitioners.
PMI-SAC is renowned for its knowledgeable and helpful volunteers who bring us world class events. The Highlights of the last two years include:
- Region 1 Conference – focusing on chapter excellence, Southern Alberta hosted chapter leaders from northwest USA and Canada in an informative three-day conference;
- Professional Development Conference – bringing popular, North American speakers to Calgary in a world-class, one-day professional development conference focusing on the practice of project management
- Mentorship Program – matching mentors and protégés in a collaborative learning environment using concentrated mentorship campaigns;
- PMP/CAPM Exam Preparation – coordinating and providing instructors for exam preparation sessions;
- Professional Development and Networking Events – promoting continued learning through engaging speakers and the opportunity to build business network amongst fellow professionals.
To be the Recognized leader in Project Management Excellence.
We develop passionate project managers.
The most recent PMI SAC Annual Report can be viewed here.
The PMI-SAC Board of Directors reviews its strategy and tactics quarterly against the following governing strategic objectives:
- Increase Engagement of Members
- Increase Profile and Visibility of PMI-SAC
- Value of our Products and Services to our Members
- Evolve Board Practices
More specific information about the Chapter can be found throughout our web site. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, please feel free to contact us.