Fellowship is our highest grade of membership and is awarded as a hallmark of professional standing and contribution to the profession of project, program or portfolio management, either as a practitioner, teacher, or researcher within the Project Management Institute – Southern Alberta Chapter (PMI-SAC). We encourage our senior members to have their professional achievements recognized through the Fellow Award. It is the recognition of achievements within the profession and a definition of your professional status, not merely a reward for service. Fellows are well respected in the industry and Fellowship is highly prized.
We welcome applications from any PMI-SAC member from all sectors and backgrounds. If you are in a senior role in the project management profession and can demonstrate strategic level achievements then you should consider applying.
All applications for Fellowship are considered by the Fellowship Committee. Fellowship is awarded to individuals who have been a regular/active/current member of the PMI-SAC for at least five years, although exceptions are made in individual cases. To be considered by the Fellowship Committee, please review the guidelines and procedures below.
The eligibility criteria for Fellowship is as follows:
- Applicants must demonstrate that they have achieved significant personal achievements in their careers, have continually increased their level of knowledge and competence through education and professional practice, and have made significant contributions to the profession as a whole (“giveback”) through writing articles and books, teaching, presenting at events, mentoring, or holding volunteer positions in project management.
- Applicants must have been members of the PMI-SAC for at least five years. In exceptional circumstances, the Fellowship Committee will consider applications from those with less than five years of membership if the applicant has made an unusually remarkable contribution to the field or to the PMI-SAC. In either case, to be considered for a Fellowship Award, you must currently be a member of the PMI-SAC, in good standing.
- Applicants must have a minimum 15 years experience in the project management profession.
- Applicants must have a PMP, Prince 2, PgMP or a Masters Degree.
- Applicants must have 5 signed letters of support (including: Community, business, volunteer etc).
The application will be verified by the Fellowship Committee. The Fellowship Committee will be expected to confirm that the detail within the application is consistent with the requirements and of a suitable standard for a prospective Fellow of the PMI-SAC.
PMI-SAC will recognize up to 25 fellows per year. In the event there are more than 25 qualified candidates, the top 25 will be chosen and the others will be kept for recognition the next year.