How to list your credentials on LinkedIn
It’s now even easier to promote your project management credentials through LinkedIn. The professional networking site recently enabled a feature dubbed “Sections” to enhance user profiles. This newly added feature allows you to list certifications, along with languages, patents, publications and skills.
To add your PMI credential information to your LinkedIn profile:
- Click on “Add sections,” which appears at the bottom of your LinkedIn profile page.
- An “Add Sections” window will pop up. Click on “Certifications,” which appears in the left column under “Sections.”
- A “Preview” window will next appear with certification examples. Click the “Add to Profile” button in the bottom right-hand corner.
- You will next be asked for specific information on the credential you wish to add. Suggested wording includes:
Certification Name: Project Management Professional
Certification Authority: The Project Management Institute (PMI)
License Number: Insert your credential number if you wish
- When the form is complete, click “Add Certification.” Your profile page will now include the category “Certifications.”
- If you have more than one credential, click “Add a certification” next to “Certifications” on your profile page, and follows the steps above.
Following is the recommended “Certification Name” wording for all PMI credentials:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)®
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®
- Program Management Professional (PgMP)®
- PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP)®
- PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)®
Add your credential information to your LinkedIn profile today!