- This event has passed.
January 26, 2023 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm MST
Few program and project managers would consider themselves to be “professional writers.” Yet research shows the average employee spends 1/3 of their working lives writing and reading. This means that—on a good day—at least 2-3 hours of your time and effort are spent writing and not doing other critical project tasks. (This is also a conservative estimate for the project world.)
Wordsmith has been working with professionals for over 40 years perfecting a method to deliver clear, efficient workplace documents. We have tested and refined a formula that works. Our clients repeatedly report being able to cut both document length and writing time by 50% after taking our training.
What would you do with the hours you gain back if:
• you spent half the time writing?
• the people around you produced clear and concise documents and emails?
• the writing process was smooth and lean?
Join us to learn a step-by-step, repeatable formula for writing effective documents—reports, emails, memos, business cases, and more.
1. Know what effective workplace writing looks like and common problems to avoid
2. Walk through a repeatable process to create a well-thought-out project document quickly
3. Learn how to use templates effectively—regardless of the quality of template you’re working with
Takeaways participants will receive
• A handout of tips
• A formula for effective writing and editing checklist
• A reminder card/desk card
About the speaker
Sylvia Gackle is an international business writing coach and the director of Wordsmith, a consulting company that has been helping writers gain confidence and businesses optimize their writing processes for over four decades. She has run many successful multi-level writing programs for large organizations. And her impactful work with writers and reviewers boosts team effectiveness and stakeholder engagement, streamlines projects, and significantly reduces process time and cost.