Project Management Fundamentals (15 PDUs)
- Overview of PMI Project Management process and Project Life cycle
- Understand essential project management terminology and tools
- Develop greater confidence in defining, planning, and managing projects.
- Gain a deeper understanding of core project management competencies.
- Build a project management plan with your project team in a simulated project environment.
- Practice applying project management skills.
- Increase effectiveness and efficiency.
- Review crucial soft skills techniques
- Learn how to effectively manage all phases of a project
- Improve Project Management Skills
- Understand of five Project Management process groups and its sub-processes
- Understanding the PMI process
- And much more
Who should attend
Individuals who will benefit from this course include anyone whose work directly or indirectly supports projects (including entry-level project/program managers) and anyone who can improve the efficiency of his or her day-to-day work by applying modern project management concepts and methods.
- PMI-SAC Members – $400 CAD
- Non Members – $650 CAD
- Location - University of Calgary Main Campus
- Date – October 19-20, 2018
- Time – 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Building - TBA (Campus Map http://www.ucalgary.ca/map/)
- Room Number - TBA (Interactive Room Finder http://ucmapspro.ucalgary.ca/RoomFinder/)
- Parking - http://www.ucalgary.ca/parking/visitorparking
- Transit - http://ucmaps.ucalgary.ca/PublicFiles/CurrentMaps/ACCESS_Calgary.pdf
- This workshop will count towards 15 PDUs
- Breakfast and Lunch will be provided
Registration Link: https://securegs.com/pmi-sac/
- Over 20 years of experience in municipal government sector that includes project management training and consulting domains
- Currently, working at the City of Calgary as Program Manager implementing business technology programs and projects for past 15 years
- Holds Bachelor of Computer Science majoring in Information Systems and Project Management Professional (PMP) since 2006
- Teach Project Management Methodology at Mount Royal University, S.A.I.T - School of Construction and Red Deer College.
- Trainer, mentor, supporting delivery managers, project managers and business analysts in using PM tools and Methodologies
- Provides project management services in areas such as project initiation, work plan development, estimating, project controls, methodology usag