Project Management Fundamentals - Right Path to Success (15 PDUs)
- Overview of PMI Project Management process and Project Life cycle
- Understand essential project management terminology and tools
- Develop greater confidence in defining, planning, and managing projects.
- Gain a deeper understanding of core project management competencies.
- Build a project management plan with your project team in a simulated project environment.
- Practice applying project management skills.
- Increase effectiveness and efficiency.
- Review crucial soft skills techniques
- Learn how to effectively manage all phases of a project
- Improve Project Management Skills
- Understand of five Project Management process groups and its sub-processes
- Understanding the PMI process
- And much more
Effective Project Leadership
- Understating Leader Characteristics
- Understating the Definition of Attitude
- How the negative or positive attitude will affect your leadership style
- How to develop a positive attitude
- What is soft skills and their techniques
- Understanding the difference between Building a Team Vs Team Building
- How team building works and what are the best tools and techniques to use
- How to develop effective communication skills
- How to develop and practice Active Listening Skills
- Understanding effective ways to build relationships
- How to practice leading
- What are the keys to becoming a remarkably effective leader?
Who should attend
Individuals who will benefit from this course include anyone who works directly or indirectly supporting projects (including entry-level project/program managers) and anyone who wants to improve the efficiency of his or her day-to-day work by applying modern project management concepts and methods. Improve your project leadership and effectively manage project teams.
- PMI-SAC Members – $400 CAD
- Non Members – $650 CAD
- Location - University of Calgary Main Campus
- Date – October 19-20, 2018
- Time – 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Building - TBA (Campus Map http://www.ucalgary.ca/map/)
- Room Number - TBA (Interactive Room Finder http://ucmapspro.ucalgary.ca/RoomFinder/)
- Parking - http://www.ucalgary.ca/parking/visitorparking
- Transit - http://ucmaps.ucalgary.ca/PublicFiles/CurrentMaps/ACCESS_Calgary.pdf
- This workshop will count towards 15 PDUs
- Breakfast and Lunch will be provided
Registration Link: https://securegs.com/pmi-sac/
Saad Ahmed brings over 18 years’ experience in municipal government and has many years of project management experience. Currently, Saad is a Program Manager at the City of Calgary implementing business technology programs and projects. Saad holds a Bachelor of Computer Science majoring in Information Systems and has been Project Management Professional (PMP) and active member of PMI since 2006. Saad provides Project Management Methodology training at Mount Royal University, S.A.I.T (School of Construction) and Red Deer College. Saad is the PMI-SAC - VP of Professional Development and has been since 2016.
Saad has numerous training in project management principles and he has been mentoring, training, supporting delivery managers, project managers and business analysts in using PM tools and Methodologies. Saad strongly promotes a culture of disciplined project management process to delivery groups.