The 2018-2020 PMI-SAC Board of Directors election will take place between October 6 and 23, 2017 with results announced in October's Annual General Meeting. Check your email during the election period for your personalized electronic ballot.
PMI-SAC is a vibrant chapter composed of passionate and competent leaders. To maintain good governance and to steward our chapter effectively, PMI-SAC’s Board needs a mix of skills and experience.
This year we are filling five positions on our nine-member Board of Directors. Each elected candidate will serve a two-year term starting from January 1, 2018. The positions up for election in 2017 are:
- President is the chief executive officer for PMI-SAC, and establishes the strategic direction for the Chapter and guide the Board of Directors to achieve that strategy, as well as the PMI-SAC’s sustainability. Any nominee that wishes to apply for the President position must have at least served their full term as a board member on any PMI component or equivalent.
- VP of Volunteer Management oversees the chapter's volunteer recruitment program and supports chapter initiatives requiring volunteer support and involvement.
- VP of Finance oversees the management of funds for duly authorized purposes and establishes and maintains the standards of financial governance for PMI-SAC .
- VP of Membership provides guidance on matters relating to membership, the Member Recruiting and Retention Plan and the direct delivery of existing or new services to members.
- VP of Professional Development is accountable on all matters relating to the design and delivery of PMI-SAC professional development programs and classification of Professional Development Units (PDUs) awarded by PMI-SAC.
The time commitment of each of the board members could be from 10 to 35 hrs a month, depending on the role.
General information on the Board roles and responsibilities can be found under Chapter Info on this website in the Chapter Bylaws and Board Positions areas. The Nominating Committee will also provide more specific information to interested candidates.
If you are interested in any of the above stated roles, then you are invited to nominate yourself at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please forward your contact information, the role you are seeking election in, a photo, and a brief bio. Once the nomination is received, three questions will be sent to all nominees and it will be part of the campaigning profile.
If you have any questions about the process or these positions please send those to email@example.com.
What is the Nominating Committee?
The President appoints a Nominating Committee Chair who in turn forms a Nominating Committee of PMI-SAC volunteers. These individuals can recruit candidates but their more important role is to ensure that all nominated members are eligible and ready to stand for office and appropriately briefed. This group is also responsible for coordinating the election event and making sure it is conducted appropriately.
Who can run for a Board of Directors position?
Any PMI-SAC member whose membership is in good standing during the nomination process and election can run for a Director’s or President position on the PMI-SAC Board. The Nominating Committee will use the PMI Global Operations Center Chapter Membership List to determine membership status. New memberships and renewals can take a few days to process and appear on this list, so please ensure your Chapter membership is active at least 1 week prior to the end on the nomination period.
Some Board positions require additional qualifications. It is the responsibility of the Nominating Committee to screen nominees to make sure nominees meet the criteria for the position in question. Any nominee that wishes to apply for the President position must have at least served their full term as a board member on any PMI component or equivalent.
How do I nominate someone or myself for a position?
Nominations are currently open and will be accepted until midnight Saturday, September 30th, 2017. Candidates may self-nominate or be nominated by another PMI-SAC member. Candidates may not be nominated for more than one position.
Nominating is easy. Simply send an e-mail to the Nominating Committee and include the following information:
- Name of Nominee
- Director Position of Interest
- PMI Member Identification Number
- Telephone Number(s)
- Professional Photo for the Election Profile
- Proof of additional qualifications as required by the specific position
What are the guidelines for the election process?
- Election Results
- Should only one eligible candidate run for a position, that candidate is declared elected by acclamation.
- Should no eligible candidates run for a position, the President will subsequently select and present a suitable candidate to the Board for appointment to the position.