A strong project management foundation is the key to your success - Project Management Institute’s (PMI) global standards can help you get it right. By ensuring that your project management knowledge and frameworks are up-to-date and consistently applied, PMI’s global standards are the foundation of the profession.
PMI global standards provide guidelines, rules and characteristics for project management. Because these standards are widely accepted and consistently applied, they help you and your global peers achieve professional excellence. And because they’re created and updated by both volunteer teams and the general public, you can be confident that our standards continually and accurately reflect the evolving profession.
Over the years, the PMI® Standards Program has developed a library of global standards. These standards are grouped into three themes listed below. The themes reflect the expansive nature of the project management profession. As the profession grows, the suite of PMI Global Standards will continue to evolve.
- A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)- Fourth Edition
- A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)- Fourth Edition translations (PMI offers thePMBOK® Guide-Fourth Edition in ten different languages.)
- Practice Standard for Project Risk Management
- Construction Extension to the PMBOK® Guide Third Edition
- Government Extension to the PMBOK® Guide Third Edition
- Practice Standard for Earned Value Management
- Practice Standard for Project Configuration Management
- Practice Standard for Work Breakdown Structures- Second Edition
- Practice Standard for Scheduling
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) can be downloaded by PMI members for their personal use in any one of eleven languages.