Services for Members
Project Management Institute Southern Alberta Chapter (PMI-SAC) offers a number of services for our membership, some of which are face-to-face networking and learning opportunities, others of which provide electronic means to share and learn. It is through the constant evolution of these services that we all grow as a community.
- Professional Development Events – these events are advertised on the Chapter’s event calendar, generally have costs associated with them, and almost always offer Professional Development Units (PDUs) for maintaining a PMI credential. The three categories of Professional Development Events include the following:
- Chapter Events – PMI-SAC coordinates and facilitates monthly dinner meetings, an annual Professional Development Conference, and various other 1-2 hour events throughout each year.
- Professional Development Events – PMI-SAC works with our training and career development partners to provide formal classroom training opportunities for project managers.
- Partners and Allies Events – PMI-SAC partners with various organizations related to the project management community and advertises their events on our event calendar; PMI-SAC will also periodically partner with these organizations to co-offer education and networking opportunities for our joint memberships.
- Job Postings – this service provides employers and project managers seeking employment to connect.
- Mentorship Program – this service connects the seasoned and less seasoned project management professionals with each other for mutual benefit.
- Resources – this service provides electronic resources for our membership.
- New Members – this section provides members new to PMI and PMI-SAC with a quick reference to the resources available to them.
- Project Managers – this section provides resources that will appeal to Project Managers.
- Program Managers – this section provides resources that will appeal to Program Managers.