Submit your posting – regular $200,
Have a position that needs to be filled? Boost your exposure by posting your listing on the PMI-SAC website for only $200 per month.
For current Corporate Sponsors please click here to submit your posting.
If you have any questions, please contact the PMI-SAC office.
In an effort to reduce the time and costs involved in maintaining accounts receivable, a policy of prepayment has been adopted for PMI-SAC job postings.
Jobs will be posted within 3 days after payment has been received.
Company: Town of High River
Title: Asset Management Developer
Location of Position: High River, AB
Where to Apply: https:/www.highriver.ca
At the Town of High River, people come first. We are looking for an Asset Management Developer to join our organization and contribute to our culture focused on accountability, excellence, and connection.
High River provides the warmth and familiarity of a small town, featuring countless outdoor trails and parks that await your next adventure. Our downtown offers a variety of unique stores and businesses who take pride in fostering connection in our community. High River is a people-first community where families put down roots for generations. Nestled within Foothills County with the Rocky Mountains framing the view to your west, our community of 14,000 is rooted in people and promotes an environment to help you build lasting relationships.
Through the dedication and passion of our 150 employees, we deliver important services to the community. Our purpose, or why we do what we do, is because we want to make a difference in our community now and for generations to come (our ‘why’). To achieve this, we inspire and respect one another, we can be counted on, we are better together, and we dare to be different (our ‘how’). We’ve embarked on a workplace culture journey that has enhanced our commitment to people; both our employees and the community we serve. We have identified three pillars to achieve our workplace culture: Accountable, Excellence and Connected (ACE).
The Asset Management Developer is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the Town’s overall fixed asset management programs. This position requires the full range of program development and ongoing maintenance and improvements including: the implementation of the asset management software; completion of the asset management registry and inventory database; development and implementation of policies, procedures, programs and systems; and ensuring the Asset Management System (AMS) is functional and operational within the organization. This position will ensure the AMS is developed, implemented and sustained in an effective and strategic manner.
This Asset Management Developer is responsible for providing advice and support to the strategic development of assets for the organization, working with internal departments for the tracking, management and maintenance of Town owned assets, financial reporting for Tangible Capital Assets (TCA), establishment of standards for recording asset information, asset valuation, and supporting development of programs to plan for asset lifecycles.
To be successful you will have a diploma or degree in Business, Commerce, Economics, Engineering, Geographic Information Systems, Finance, or other related disciplines. To complement your education, you will have a minimum of five (5) years of related experience in more progressively responsible roles in Engineering, GIS, Finance, or Asset Management. In addition, you understand project management with direct experience applying project management.
More information here.
Company: City of Lethbridge
Title: IT Project Manager
Location of Position: Lethbridge, AB
Where to Apply: www.lethbridge.ca
Are you a project management professional with seasoned IT PM experience? Do you thrive in a multi-team environment where you can provide advice and expertise on a wide variety of projects in support of a growing community? We are seeking an experienced Project Manager who will manage IT projects from initiation through to completion, and deliver service that is customer-focused, solutions-oriented, sustainable and innovative. Our organization (www.lethbridge.ca) serves a community of 100,000+ residents and is comprised of 1500 employees across a wide variety of business areas. Located just two hours south of Calgary and close to the Rocky Mountains and U.S. border, Lethbridge is a family-oriented and culturally vibrant community with diverse recreational opportunities; fine restaurants and shopping; and home to two innovative post-secondary institutions – the University of Lethbridge and Lethbridge College.
Reporting to the IT Strategy and Planning Manager, you will work collaboratively with IT staff and apply professional project management principles and methodology to lead project teams in planning, designing and delivering systems solutions for our business partners. You will create project charters, develop project plans with associated time and materials budgets, and coordinate resources and subject matter experts where required. You will monitor and control project performance — initiating corrective action when needed — to ensure results meet business partner requirements and objectives. Additionally, you will manage stakeholder expectations and project risks. This will include developing and completing all summary documentation and providing status updates on deliverables, within an established communication framework.
Your Professional Background Should Include:
- Dedication and commitment to delivering exemplary public service
- Advanced customer relationship skills that are collaborative, responsive and supportive
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in IT, Project Management, or a related discipline — a PMP or Business Analyst designation will be considered an asset
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience managing projects in an IT setting
(other combinations of education and experience may be considered)
- Success in leading project teams in an environment of frequent change and innovation
- The ability to maintain stakeholder engagement and manage expectations
- Analytical and systems-thinking skills, with experience in design, delivery, risk mitigation, and progress assessment
- Current knowledge of best practices in project management and business analysis
- Proficient experience conducting:
- Feasibility assessments and developing priority criteria
- Business requirements documentation
- Project scheduling, cost forecasting, and work plan preparation
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Broad technical and systems knowledge
- Success in developing and mentoring project teams
- The ability to successfully manage and adapt to multiple priorities on a daily basis
Company: Strathcona County
Title: Senior Corporate Project Advisor
Location of Position: Sherwood Park, AB
The Senior Corporate Project Advisor administers and manages the corporate Project Portfolio
Management (PPM) framework, including processes, business rules, and technology, to enable
delivery of approved initiatives across the organization. This work directly supports and enables
the preparation and execution of Corporate Business Plans. The role will coordinate PPM processes,
provide guidance on portfolio management methodologies and implement a corporate project
portfolio reporting framework focused on providing Council, Executive and senior leaders with
timely information for the management of all approved initiatives across the organization.
- Lead and manage the Project Portfolio Management framework, including processes, business
rules, role definitions, and enabling technology
- Lead the continual improvement of corporate PPM capabilities through the strategic
implementation of a Capability Roadmap, including collaborating with stakeholders and subject
matter experts (SMEs) across the organization
- Create, plan, and lead projects to deliver additional PPM capabilities
- Coordinate process for project approvals, progress reporting, and evaluation of project
- Lead the operations of the corporate project management office
- Lead the development and maintenance of organizational project management standards,
including methodologies, processes, and supporting tools and technology
- Create, plan, and lead initiatives to deliver identified improvement opportunities in
organizational project management
- Collaborate with individual stakeholders and SMEs, and external service providers, to develop
mutually beneficial solutions for stakeholder-specific project management solutions
- Provide guidance and advice to project leaders throughout the organization on the planning,
kick-off, and execution of their projects
- Support the Manager and other senior representatives in achieving the goals of the
branch and Corporate Planning
Skills and Abilities
- Expert knowledge and experience in project management concepts and techniques, and
approaches for effective project team leadership
- Knowledge and experience in Project Portfolio Management concepts and techniques
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong presentation, consultation, facilitation, and influencing skills
- Knowledge of information technology concepts and principles, both generally and specific to
project portfolio management platforms, including thorough understanding of development,
implementation and enhancement of applications and systems
- Knowledge and experience in change management principles and practices
- Strong demonstrated planning, organization, leadership and supervisory skills
- Ability to work independently as well as lead and contribute effectively within a team
- Proficient with business productivity software, computers, and information systems such
Microsoft Office Suite, and Microsoft Project and Project Online.
- Awareness of relevant legislation governing the municipal business environment
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation or equivalencies
- Minimum 7 years of experience as a senior project manager
- Degree in Business, Commerce, or Information Technology or equivalent combination of
education and experience
- 3-5 years’ experience as a senior program/portfolio manager would be considered an asset
- Designation as a Portfolio Management Professional (PFMP) would be considered an asset.
- Certification or equivalent training in Organizational Change Management would be considered
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. In addition to providing a dynamic working
environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.